Dallas had its first 80 degree day in February this year so are you ready for the heat? Do you already own a Port a Cool unit? If you do you want to make sure that your unit is in good working condition before the heat arrives for the summer. Port a Cool units are fairly simple to use and maintain, but you must maintain them for maximum cooling. Port a Cool recommends the following steps prior to a summer of worry-free cooling from your Port A Cool unit.
Follow these few simple steps and be ready when the heat is on.
- Inspect cooling media for break sown, such as sagging or gapping. Clean if dirty. Replace if needed.
- Check the fan blade to make sure it rotates freely.
- Make sure the fan belt is tight and in good condition.
- Oil the motor if necessary
- Check and clean inline strainer
- Clean sump tank and spray bar
- Pump should be clear of any obstructions
- Make sure drain valve is closed and spray bar adjustment valve is open (approximately 3 turns).
- Determine if water and power source are adequate.
- Fill reservoir before turning pump on.
- Make sure float valve operates properly.
Of course, if you do not want to get your hands dirty or just want an expert to come and check out your Port A Cool unit then call Spot Cooling Systems, Inc.Â 866-990-5700 We also rent and sell Port A Cool units. So call anytime for more information.